Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and this is my first post. When I was about year old or so, my parents immigrated to Australia from Europe. They never took out citizenship. I have an Aussie accent, I went to school in Australia until I was 16 years old and then my family moved backed to Europe with me and my brother. My brother was born in Australia but since I was not born in Australia I am not a citizen. Is there any way I can come back home that any of you know of?

I have felt homesick all my life and I am now 60 years old. I would pay my own way and would accept signing anything so that I can never apply for any social assistance programs of any kind as I just want to come back and enjoy my home country as long as I can live out my years.

Even after all these years, wherever I go, people right away know I am from Australian as my accent never left me.
I have asked in the past immigration if they would consider giving me citizenship, but they said that can't.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Anyone know if there is some way I would qualify for citizenship?
I would suggest you talk with a RMA. We have some great ones who are regulars on this forum and there's a list of them, if you look. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
From what you have posted , you very likely will not have a way forward.

If you go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form, I shall let you know what I need to assess your case.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see, thanks for the reply. Maybe someone will see my thread here and contact me if they see some possible way of making my case work. Just have the feeling their has to be a way that may not seem so obvious but that could still work.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I see, thanks for the reply. Maybe someone will see my thread here and contact me if they see some possible way of making my case work. Just have the feeling their has to be a way that may not seem so obvious but that could still work.
Train and fulfil a skill that allows you to apply as a skilled entrant...ain't gonna be quick but will get you in..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Train and fulfil a skill that allows you to apply as a skilled entrant...ain't gonna be quick but will get you in..
That was a very good suggestion, thank you Mania. I have a skill that may work. I started a tour company in Canada 15 years ago and it became very successful, maybe I could apply somewhere along those lines. It may be worth a try.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
That was a very good suggestion, thank you Mania. I have a skill that may work. I started a tour company in Canada 15 years ago and it became very successful, maybe I could apply somewhere along those lines. It may be worth a try.
Have a chat with Westley about skill requirements - there may be managerial options open to you. Or potentially shorter term working visas through industry contracts that may buy you time to transition across to other visas.

That's what Westley meant about exploring options, if you give him your info he will be able to highlight all of, if any, potentially viable routes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Could be a problem then. Immigration told me that because of my age there doesn't seem to be any easy way to go about it. Guess I will keep trying but it's not looking good at the moment I think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yep, age seems to be a problem overall when asking for citizenship, but you never know as I have met many fair dinkum Aussies and one day one of them might work for immigration and lend me a helping hand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.