Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where the locals greet you with warm G’Day Mate’s and the roo’s wave back. What better way to take a glimpse of the outback than with the right vehicle for your Campervan Hire holiday. So, if you want to get around Australia, make it a motorhome holiday and experience its beautiful tourist destinations.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kinda reminded of one of Robin William's movie.. the one where he took his family for a road trip or something. I never been on a campervan before. It seems like a great opportunity to have a home on the road. I mean it can make photography easier in the wild...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im looking into renting a van when i come with my partner for 2 months end of july. Do they work out cheaper than hostels?? Can you just park up anywhere?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Im looking into renting a van when i come with my partner for 2 months end of july. Do they work out cheaper than hostels?? Can you just park up anywhere?
If there is two of you, getting a camper can be a reasonably priced way to go and there are cheaper ones about and a google of Campervan Australia will bring you up names like Wicked, Hippie and Backpacker etc. that cover the lower end of the market, from say somewhere about $45-50/d for a basic box on wheels and possibly some good deals during winter months.
Jucy Juicy Australia Campervan Hire - Sydney,Brisbane, Cairns & Australia Wide is a newer company and they are like a mini unit based on a Toyota Tarago which is probably a better drive.
If you've got a bit of flexibility in how you organise yourself
Rental Relocations Australia New Zealand United States Canada - Hire Now at StandByCars can be extra cheap and if earliest pick up and latest delivery dates allow, you can usually book additional days [ up to 3 ] at a discounted rate.
keacampers.com.au have their own relocations site and you could also check the other main players like Apollo to book a relocate direct.
Campervan Rental Australia - Motorhome Rental Australia | Hire Campervan and 4WD Rental Australia wide through Aussie Campervans with a wide range of quality rental campervans and Hire RV Camper Rental. lists most companies.

But in adition to camping grounds, national parks and state forests there are plenty of places you can find for stopping for free.
Particularly in Queensland you'll come across some park like places that nearly look like a camping ground by number of vans etc. pulled up and in quiter smaller villages it can just mean finding a quieter spot near the beach or wherever, a less developed land subdivision etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.