Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm a Filipino. I've lived here in Australia for 9 years now. 8 years on a student visa - I did my HSC and my nursing degree here. Now am a registered nurse and almost done with my new grad here in Sydney.

I've applied for the Skilled Graduate Visa last year - March 2010. At the moment, I'm still on a Bridging Visa - it's already been a year since I've lodged my application.

Last year, October 2010, I went home to the Philippines and got engaged. My fiancee and I have been in a long distance relationship for 2 years now, and we are getting married this coming June. I'm going home mid next month to prepare for the wedding - if granted 3 months travel when I apply for Travel Visa 2 weeks before my intended departure.

My fiancee and I are looking for a way that I could come back here in Sydney together with her after our wedding. I've read some similar situations posted by others here and on other forums, but ours seems more complicated due to my visa status - as am still only on a Bridging Visa.

Any advice? Thanks...

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The visa regulations will not allow you to sponsor your fiance/wife until you are a PR and for that, if you're already registered as a nurse, did you not have to have your qualifications assessed and if so you probably would have been better to apply direct for an 885/886 but now you probably need to wait for the 485 to be granted.

One option if it is applicable for your fiance/wife may be to have her look at applying for a student visa for that will at least get her to Australia with you even if it can be costly and then with her on a student visa, she may be eligible as a secondary applicant to a 885/886 so as soon as you get the 485 and can apply for a 885/886 you should consider adding her as a secondary applicant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.