Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I am due to get my final decision from the court regarding removing my children from jurisdiction in 3 months time. Am I able to submit my application for the 309/100 online now, and add in the Court approval document in 3 months? Or do I risk my application being declined because it?s not available immediately? I would love to hear from anyone who didn?t have every document immediately available or from anyone else who had to apply for LTR for their children too. TIA!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi there!

I am due to get my final decision from the court regarding removing my children from jurisdiction in 3 months time. Am I able to submit my application for the 309/100 online now, and add in the Court approval document in 3 months? Or do I risk my application being declined because it?s not available immediately? I would love to hear from anyone who didn?t have every document immediately available or from anyone else who had to apply for LTR for their children too. TIA!
Personally, I'd strongly advise you to wait until you have all relative documentation. Perhaps others wouldn't, I'm not sure. I know what it's like, you're eager to apply, get things going and start the waiting game. But when spending $7,000 it's better to wait until you have all the relative documentation.

Just out of curiosity, is your child in the care of the other parent/guardian but on your application to migrate with you?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It would probably be best to wait but if you don't want to, just don't submit your police checks or medical. This way, once a CO looks at your app, they'll request those from you and give you 28 days to supply the info or that you're in the process of getting it (for example, some police checks can take a couple months. Since there is no way to supply them in 28 days to the CO, proof of applying for them is enough and the CO will wait for the police checks). It's a good way to drag the process out a bit. The risk here is that there is a very small chance your app can be looked at straight away. Also, sometimes things in the court system can take longer than expected.

Probably best to wait. Offshore UK applicants seem to be processed fairly quickly from posts I've seen on this forum. I believe a 309 in recent months was granted in 5 months or something like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.