Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all I'm having trouble to find the correct information about when applying for partner visa 820/801.

Im a Australian born citizen, I have been living for the past 15year in Czech Republic, Im #31 now.
My wife and I met for the first time on 30.1.2016 and officially started dating on the 7.2.2016 (As it was love at first site and we had such a feeling that we have know each other for a life time and that we were ment to be together) after about 7-8months we got engaged and which around that time we knew that she was pregnant but that was not the case of why we got engaged as it was something i was planning(engagement) for more then a month.

Then we decided that we would like the baby to be born into a married family so we got married 18.3.2017... we have been living together (rented flat on both names) already 1year (I will get a declaration from the landlord/ owner of the flat that we are here together as a family).

Before that I was living with my parents as they have a double house or how to say divided living space and for a couple of months we were there together before we managed to rent a flat.
We have on our ID cards both the same permeant address (now for postal use) as when you rent a place here in Czech u cannot have your permeant address on a rented place.
So once we will be lodging the application either onshore or offshore we will be living together / rent place together for 1.5years which should be OK?

I have lodged a form for “Citizenship by descent” online and waiting for it to be done(hopefully) so that once we will fly to Australia, my daughter and I will have a Australian passport and my wife will be on tourist visa and we would like to apply for the Partner visa 820 but I’m not sure if we can do that as for the sponsorship I have to declare that I have a income and a job in Australia? Or how to do it in our case so that we can apply for the 820 onshore?
Also how do we do it about the form 888 as we will be all moving to Australia at the same time and my brothers or friend know my wife only from chats or calls and they will know her since she will arrive in Australia?

I have a lot of friends in Czech Republic that can write a declaration on how they see us as that is also need but not sure if they will accept this in Australia if we will be apply for Partner visa onshore?

We will be staying at my brothers place for as long as we will need till I will get a job and rent out a place for us. He will be helping us in any way possible regarding finance and accommodation.

Thank you so much for any help and tips on how to in my case :) :)

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I would take it one step at the time. If your wife is able to enter Australia on a tourist visa without "no further stay" condition, the other issues should easily be overcome.

If you don't know how to go about it , get a registered migration agent to deal with it for you.

In the meantime, do some reading up on this forum and you may find answers to most of your questions.

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
we would like to apply for the Partner visa 820 but I'm not sure if we can do that as for the sponsorship I have to declare that I have a income and a job in Australia?
I don't recall needing that when I did the PMV or the 820. I was living overseas at the time with no job, and no job to go back to.. Not sure if there have been any changes in last couple of years on that point.

Also how do we do it about the form 888 as we will be all moving to Australia at the same time and my brothers or friend know my wife only from chats or calls and they will know her since she will arrive in Australia?
They just say they have spoken on calls, or online, seen photos of you both, maybe on Facebook etc., and have known her since the day they first saw or spoke online etc.
They can say how well they know from the conversations with you etc.

I have a lot of friends in Czech Republic that can write a declaration on how they see us as that is also need but not sure if they will accept this in Australia if we will be apply for Partner visa onshore?
They can do Stat Decs, similar in format to the form 888, and witnessed by a local official. These should be accepted, and would be well worth doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think they change the rules to much on the sponsor... Our facebook and instagram have a very active history since we met and have all our important moments in our time together which could be good for the partner visa?

We chat on viber calls and facebook also... can they also state that they have met her when we get to Australia as we will be living with my brother? I have one friend australian resident that went for a vacation to Czech and met my wife, well in that time she was my girlfriend and then they met when we will get into Australia?
The form 888 is it possible to be done by my family member?

I will then get the similar format of the 888 form done by friends that know how to speak and write in english and then I will get it witnessed by a Australian or Czech local office? Or both?
How much does it cost in Australia to get translation of personal documents (estimated price) and how much is the witness by local office?

Also I would like to ask... I have a court of Czech republic translator and interpreter
her translation obtains for example: "notarized copy of birth certificate in English" >> "Certification Vidimus" >> "notarized copy of birth certificate in Czech" >> "Translation clause" >> "full CV of the translator, experience, qualification and endorsment of the translation" all the documents are bonded together with a rope and on the back side there are 2 stickers with the rest of the rope bonding the translation with her stamp so it doesn't come apart would this be ok for the Migration officers when apply for the visa?

The thing is that we will have the money for the visa and any additional things needed but to afford a migration agent now that would help us with the full application then thats something we cant afford yet/ now... :/ So maybe just some help and guide lines is the best option now...

Also regarding the proof that we go out together like weddings or facebook parties do i just screen shot them and make a PDF with all of them in it and also as we have a small baby then my wife is at home when i go to a bday party even though we are both invited and its visible in the invitations? Also if there are some invitations in Czech and not english do I have to get them also translated or our names on is enough?

One more thing I would like to ask: As we will be together (2.6years) when we will be applying for the visa onshore what are the benefits that we have a baby together (in the time of apply for visa baby is going to be 1yr and 3months old)? And how long is the physical time of the visas does the 2yrs of the temp. visa start counting from the time it will be lodged or once it will be approved?
example: Temp. visa 2yrs + the waiting time before its approved then Permeant visa 4yrs or is it temp. visa 2yrs from lodging the form and then 4yrs for the permeant visa?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide!! :) And if all works out shots of home brew from Czech on me !!! :)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I did not read your very long posts.

But rules seem to be in the wind for change for sponsors, they tried last year but deferred to this year.

Short and sweet works well! one point at a time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats true short and simple... just trying to get as much info as possible so i can manage it all before we packup and move to australia :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will try to get a couple of my friends to write a declaration on that they know us and things that we were doing together but need to figure our what they should write into the letter... also it will be in english so that we don't need to get them translated... I will then get them certified by our local office in Czech Republic so that it is authentic. Also as its all online then I will add to each document "declaration" some photo's of us together and bond it into one PDF either all into one or separately?

Thank you so much for your help in advance :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.