Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm currently unemployed as I wait for my work visa to be granted. It has been 4 months since the application and I'm still waiting.

My partner (who's already in Australia) and I plan to spend the holidays there as she cannot come home. May I know if anyone tried applying for a tourist visa while your 457 visa is in process? I previously had a tourist visa but it expired last July.

What's the alternative document that I can provide if I don't have an employer's certificate?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You could apply for a tourist visa.

You need to be careful, having 2 visa applications running at the same time can cause problems if they are granted close together.

Remember that the last visa to be granted is the one you will be on. If you apply for a tourist visa now, and your 457 gets granted tomorrow, then your tourist visa gets granted on Monday you will loose your 457.

I don't understand the question about the employers certificate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could apply for a tourist visa.

You need to be careful, having 2 visa applications running at the same time can cause problems if they are granted close together.

Remember that the last visa to be granted is the one you will be on. If you apply for a tourist visa now, and your 457 gets granted tomorrow, then your tourist visa gets granted on Monday you will loose your 457.

I don't understand the question about the employers certificate.
Hi Mania,

Basically proof that I am employed to a company from where I am from, a certificate of employment. Are there any alternate proof that I can present if I'm unemployed?

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.