Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have already applied for the Partner visa (820/801) (7 months since application), and currently on BVA. However, I am finding it difficult to secure job in Australia and my assumption is, it could be employer not being confident about visa status. So, meanwhile one of our friends told us to get post-study visa, which will be surely for 4 years (as I came here on on research postgraduate visa 574).
My question is can I apply for the second visa- post study visa, and still continue to keep my partner visa application status active? How will it affect my visa status? And do I still get to keep my medicare?
Any experiences or hearsay?
Thanks
tOMU

·
Registered
40 Posts
While the job search can be frustrating, it would not be wise to apply for another substantive visa while awaiting your 820/801 results. The BVA gives you the same work rights as the 485, perhaps explain that to your perspective employer, that there are no conditions or obligations on their behalf and that this BVA will lead into a PR that will not cause any interruption to your employment. The 485 on the other hand is temporary and would lead to more complications with possible employment disruption as it reaches the end.

On top of that, you would no longer qualify for M'care as the 485 requires you to hold private insurance.

I'd say be patient, don't be worried about taking a position that is below your qualifications or offer to intern, it would at least give you the Aussie work experience. That more than the visa is what makes the job search more difficult in Australia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While the job search can be frustrating, it would not be wise to apply for another substantive visa while awaiting your 820/801 results. The BVA gives you the same work rights as the 485, perhaps explain that to your perspective employer, that there are no conditions or obligations on their behalf and that this BVA will lead into a PR that will not cause any interruption to your employment. The 485 on the other hand is temporary and would lead to more complications with possible employment disruption as it reaches the end.

On top of that, you would no longer qualify for M'care as the 485 requires you to hold private insurance.

I'd say be patient, don't be worried about taking a position that is below your qualifications or offer to intern, it would at least give you the Aussie work experience. That more than the visa is what makes the job search more difficult in Australia.
thanks very much @LordDee, appreciate your help. I will explain the BVA conditions to potential employer and see how it goes. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.