Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mark
Its been already 6 months since I applied for a spouse visa (offshore from Europe). However, I haven't received any updates. I used to think that I will have my case officer and he would be in contact with me in case there is any document missing or further information required. There is nothing like that. Is it normal? Can I contact someone from embassy just to know if they need more documents etc?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The only documents they need to request are medicals and police checks. If you're missing anything else, it's your responsibility to make sure it's there.

If you haven't received such a request and you haven't received a grant, that's because no one is looking at your case. There's no point is contacting them as you'll get some random call person who will give you the same answer. If COs spent all day answering phojes, I guarantee visas would never get processed.

You'll hear from them eventually, with a request, a grant, or refusal. Nothing to do but wait until then. They aren't going to update you every time they close one case and you move up one slot in queue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.