Australia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am Irish and have been travelling South East Asia for the past 6/7 months. We never planned to go to Australia but decided we would about a month or 2 ago.

everyone told us that the visa comes back straight away, and we were silly to listen, because it hasn’t come back and now we are in a really awkward position.

we submitted the Visa on the 27th of August, had to go for a health check, which was submitted to Immigration on the 30th, but our issue is we our in Laos and our Visa expires here on the 11th of September.

does anyone know if it’s possible to get it fast tracked, or has anyone had a similar experience on how long this usually takes? I have a job lined up and I don’t want them to think I’m messing them around.

if anyone can help, I would be really grateful.

Thanks in advance

· Premium Member
1,671 Posts
More than 50% of WHV are granted immediately, and around 25% more come back within a week, but there are applications that can take up to a month or so to finalize. There is no ‘fast track’ mechanism.

· Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Thanks for the reply Paul. Do you know why some of them take a month? Really hoping it will be approved next week, flights are going through the roof as well!
Usually, some flag on the applicant’s file that sends it off for manual processing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts