Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help would be much appreciated.

I'd like to kindly ask some questions in regards to PR visa. Is it possible to have it revoked?

To make my long story short, my current partner has his permanent visa granted in 2015 May and now lives with me in Australia with our son. We are in a defacto relationship if you're wondering.

So, i'm just curious if there's any way to revoke his permanent visa because he's manipulative and he emotionally abused me. I regret sponsoring this man as he have changed so much since he came to Australia. I thought life would be complete but i guess i was wrong. It's sad to know that i even have an AVO filed against him as he can be abusive towards me even though we're still living together. We tried to break up a couplr times yet he is still the same. Words mean nothing unless show it with actions.

Also, what if we were seperated and i still have an AVO against him would it help me to revoke his visa? Do an AVO and PR visa has anything to do with the immigration?

Thank you.
Hope to hear something useful.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless you can establish that your relationship was not exclusive, mutual and genuine when PR was granted you cannot do anything to have a PR partner visa cancelled.
Like we sleep in different rooms? We dont take photos together? Hardly do things together? No joint acct? Not spending with each others friends?... Etc?

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Your situation is no different from the situation of hundreds of other couples. This is a family law matter, not a migration matter. You can’t get someone ‘s permanent residency revoked, because your relationship didn’t work out.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I think you are looking for a way of revenge
I do not agree with this
Probably why the system is the way it is and nothing can be done after PR. Very manipulative in its own way to threaten such a thing.

As for the OP, I myself escaped an abusive relaltionship with someone who nearly killed me. Last thing I ever thought of was revenge. If you are truly in a terrible place, focus your energy on separating yourself from the person and moving forward.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Probably why the system is the way it is and nothing can be done after PR. Very manipulative in its own way to threaten such a thing.

As for the OP, I myself escaped an abusive relaltionship with someone who nearly killed me. Last thing I ever thought of was revenge. If you are truly in a terrible place, focus your energy on separating yourself from the person and moving forward.
And the child.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Help would be much appreciated.

I'd like to kindly ask some questions in regards to PR visa. Is it possible to have it revoked?

To make my long story short, my current partner has his permanent visa granted in 2015 May and now lives with me in Australia with our son. We are in a defacto relationship if you're wondering.

So, i'm just curious if there's any way to revoke his permanent visa because he's manipulative and he emotionally abused me. I regret sponsoring this man as he have changed so much since he came to Australia. I thought life would be complete but i guess i was wrong. It's sad to know that i even have an AVO filed against him as he can be abusive towards me even though we're still living together. We tried to break up a couplr times yet he is still the same. Words mean nothing unless show it with actions.

Also, what if we were seperated and i still have an AVO against him would it help me to revoke his visa? Do an AVO and PR visa has anything to do with the immigration?

Thank you.
Hope to hear something useful.
If his abusing you, you and your childs safety should be your priority, forget every other thing , get the cops they will sort him out

·
Registered
331 Posts
If he still lives with you but you have an AVO out on him, how is he not in jail for breaking those conditions?

Reactions: diplomat

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your situation is no different from the situation of hundreds of other couples. This is a family law matter, not a migration matter. You can't get someone 's permanent residency revoked, because your relationship didn't work out.
So, you're thinking I'd have to get a lawyer to file a case to revoke his PR visa?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you are looking for a way of revenge
I do not agree with this
Well its not really a revenge. Thing is ive been through a lot. He was illegal here and i fixed his papers to get his permanent visa by applying for defacto visa which was a long process and even supported him financially to file an annulment with his ex wife before. I helped him so much to get his life back on track and now im actually telling him to end this relationship cos its toxic and domestic he threatens me that he will dub me in to centrelink cos im living with him while im on single parenting payment which i just been on it for a while now.

He moved out today though so would it still affect me if he tells centrelink that im on single parenting right now?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

Thank you. I actually had to force him to leave the house today when i called the cops. He wouldnt leave so i told him that if he doesnt leave ill call so he packed his things and left. Thing is i asked that question about is that he threatens me and says that he will report me to centrelink cos im on single parenting payment but he's moving out today anyway.. would it still affect me in any way? He has his ways of scaring me cos he knows my weakness.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
So, you're thinking I'd have to get a lawyer to file a case to revoke his PR visa?
You seem to be struggling with the concept of "Permanent".

If the visa was legally obtained and compliant then it is now nothing to do with you whatsoever.

Besides no recpeits no returns!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well its not really a revenge. Thing is ive been through a lot. He was illegal here and i fixed his papers to get his permanent visa by applying for defacto visa which was a long process and even supported him financially to file an annulment with his ex wife before. I helped him so much to get his life back on track and now im actually telling him to end this relationship cos its toxic and domestic he threatens me that he will dub me in to centrelink cos im living with him while im on single parenting payment which i just been on it for a while now.

He moved out today though so would it still affect me if he tells centrelink that im on single parenting right now?
i'm sorry to hear that
yes you are right , I wish you a happy life
And certainly he will get his punishment for his bad deeds one day.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

i'm sorry to hear that
Its okay... he was a piece of work bringing him here especially his case was not easy. And now he's showing his true self. Living together is enough to show a persons true colours. Thank you

·
Registered
972 Posts
i'm sorry to hear that
*Alleged* bad deeds.

Alleged by someone that openly admits to fraud...
I wish I knew how to like this on mobile and then I could like it 200x.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
No, I'm saying you may need a lawyer to sort out your relationship issues. As far as Immigration is concerned, there is really nothing you can do about it. If he has acted fraudulently, then you may well have been a party to the deception. Considering the potential CentreLink issues you mention, it might be best to just call it quits, forget about your ex's PR and get on with your life.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.