Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new here and this is first post. Please excuse me if I break any rules while posting.
I am on 820 visa and my wife is Australian citizen. My dad applied for family sponsored tourist visa and my wife sponsored him for all the expenses and travelling. we added our bank statement and payslips with application. However visa got denied as they don't consider daughter in law as a close relative. I being on Visa can not sponsor him.

but Today I read on immi website about Tourist visa (not family sponsored)
it says -
Documents to show you are a visitor
Evidence of sufficient funds, such as personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation records or credit card limit.
If you are visiting relatives or friends, a letter of invitation from your relative or friend in Australia. If your relative or friend is paying for your visit, evidence that they have the necessary funds
So as We both can not sponsor, but Can we give him invitation letter saying that we have got enough funds to cover his visit ? if yes, does he still need to show evidence of sufficient funds from his side ? as I think no, because we paying for visit ?
Last question if all above is not possible, My dad can show funds himself. does that funds need to be 6 months old or something ? any condition about that ?
for a 6 months visa, how much funds will be enough.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I would avoid the family sponsored visa if possible. Just do the normal one, it is easier and faster, and has fewer rejection rates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would avoid the family sponsored visa if possible. Just do the normal one, it is easier and faster, and has fewer rejection rates.
Problem is that If my dad applies for the visa, he has to show enough funds for his visit. Which is not possible at the moment or they are very recent. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.