Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm a 475 visa holder (489 equivalent nowadays). In order to get 887 you need to show 1 year full time employment + 2 years residence in regional area.

I arrived to Adelaide in December 2014, and was there until November 2015 (11 months). During those 11 months I didn't get a professional job and the only jobs I managed to get where cash-in-hand restaurant jobs and door-to-door commission only jobs. For the cash-in-hand jobs is difficult to certify the hours...

In November I got a 6 month job offer in my profession in China and so I decided to come, and there are still 2 months more to finish my contract.

I am planning to come back to Adelaide in May and run a trading business with China, but, as I can extend my visa maximum until May 2017 by arriving in May I would only have 12 months and so wouldn't match the 24 months (11+12=23).

I am missing one month, and also would have the pressure to get 1 year full time experience so my question is, I would still be able to get 887 Visa?

- Shall I forget about it and maybe not come back in May as don't fulfill 887 conditions for this one month missing as well as it would be difficult to show the one year full time work?
- Are there any other visa options for my case?
- Is it true that if I go to a regional non-metropolitan area (small country town outside Adelaide) the requirements would be more relaxed in terms of both residence time and work time?
- Could I be nominated by South Australia for a new 489 4-year visa?

I wait for your feedback,

Regards,

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I suggest that you consult with a reliable Registered Migration Agent. Your case is complex.

The answer to your last question is no, you can't apply for a 489 four year visa, however you can apply for 489 to give your self another year in Australia. As your 475 is a 3 year visa, an application for a 489 will give you a total of 4 years from the start of the 475 visa.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest that you consult with a reliable Registered Migration Agent. Your case is complex.

The answer to your last question is no, you can't apply for a 489 four year visa, however you can apply for 489 to give your self another year in Australia. As your 475 is a 3 year visa, an application for a 489 will give you a total of 4 years from the start of the 475 visa.
Is my case that complex? What kind of assistance you can provide me as I see you are a registered agent?

If is that complex I may better not return to Australia since job prospects are not very clear there (fully aware of that after 11 months) and can start my trading business here in China or comeback to my country.

I want to give Australia a last try or at least know how can I progress to a permanent visa since is a nice country and with a business can be much better than looking for "survival jobs", but if there are few possibilities to get a permanent visa then no waste time and money coming back there.

Wait for your updates, Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long do you need to live in Australian to meet your residency requirement two years?. How long have you lived here so far?
I lived there for 11 months (December 2014 to November 2015), need 13 months more (don't know if 10 days vacation to validate my visa in February 2014 count as well, so I would make the whole year), but initially let's consider 11 months.

I need 13 months more, right? My visa expires in February 2017 and can extend it until May 2017, so if I arrive in May of this year I would make 12 months (May 2016-May 2017).

12+11 = 23, I would lack one month. And also in what refers to my job history is difficult to certify since I only got Cash-in hand restaurant jobs or door-to-door Commission only jobs that don't certify hours, so if I can certify work since the first day I arrive I could make it but is pretty tight... By the way, I established a Consulting Business Name in August 2015 there so technically could count 3 months as "research" but no income...

Anyway, do you think it would be a messy and difficult process? Because I don't want to risk going there again to start a business and then have to leave because they consider I don't fulfill the requirements for the 887 visa.

Regards,

Sebastian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.