Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I travel to Australia while waiting for Case# and Case Officer?

I'm in the US now looking at Partner (309) visa app online. Thinking I should do the offshore app because I want to get process started. But I currently have plan to travel to Australia on tourist visa May 5 -- that's 8 weeks from now. And plan to stay the 3 months in Australia.

Can I start the app offshore in USA, then continue with case#/case officer process when in Australia? Have any of you done this?

Or, is there part of the initial app questions where you tell them you plan to travel in the initial weeks while waiting for case# / officer?

I see tons of answers about travel and informing case officer while having an open case. I see no answers about traveling during the time period of after initial app is started and before a case# and case officer is given to someone.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I'm in the US now looking at Partner (309) visa app online. Thinking I should do the offshore app because I want to get process started. But I currently have plan to travel to Australia on tourist visa May 5 -- that's 8 weeks from now. And plan to stay the 3 months in Australia.

Can I start the app offshore in USA, then continue with case#/case officer process when in Australia? Have any of you done this?

Or, is there part of the initial app questions where you tell them you plan to travel in the initial weeks while waiting for case# / officer?

I see tons of answers about travel and informing case officer while having an open case. I see no answers about traveling during the time period of after initial app is started and before a case# and case officer is given to someone.

Thanks so much.
Hello, you can apply for a Visitor Visa (subclass 600) while waiting for the decision on your Partner Visa (309). I applied my 309 on end of June last year and the next week I applied for my tourist visa (because I intended to travel to aus in August). DIBP granted my tourist visa within the next 2 working days.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Thanks so much.
Hi,

You can apply for tourist visa. Once, it is granted, you can come to Australia while your application for Subclass 309 is in pipeline.

Cheers,

Sanjayai Kapoor

Registered Migration Agent, Australia (MARN: 1066506)
Licensed Adviser - NZ immigration (License No: 201002178)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Due to the ever increasing processing timelines, a lot of applicants submit their applications and apply for the visitor visa as well, travel to Australia to spend time with their partner and collect more evidence.
Good Luck! Wish you a speedy grant :)

Kind Regards,
Becky

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
YEs, thx! I have a tourist visa that applies for a year with 3-month visits at a time. I"m good thanks!
Thats great! So you can exit Australia in 3 months for the timer to restart and then re-enter. Thats what a lot of people do ;)

Reactions: twebusatoaus
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.