Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can my Spouse sponsor me if she is a australian p.r however a full time student ? I am currently on my first year of TAFE Diploma, however we plan to get married soon. I need to know if she can sponsor me even if she is a full time student at an university, and in that case can i switch from my student visa to a partner visa ?

URGENT ! = (

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Your wife as a sponsor will need to meet sponsorship requirements and as a student she may not have the financial capacity and therefore you could expect she would be required to have an Assurer of Support.
If your student visa does not have a No Further Stay condition on it you can apply for another onshore visa but there are also eligibility requirements to be met for partner visas and even with marriage a visa grant is not automatic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your wife as a sponsor will need to meet sponsorship requirements and as a student she may not have the financial capacity and therefore you could expect she would be required to have an Assurer of Support.
If your student visa does not have a No Further Stay condition on it you can apply for another onshore visa but there are also eligibility requirements to be met for partner visas and even with marriage a visa grant is not automatic.
Thank you. As far as I'm concerned her parents can be a AoS. And could you be more specific about what other requirements she needs to have ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.