Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

My partner is Dutch (from the Netherlands) and the closest Aust. Embassy is London Office but on the IMMI website it says the Berlin Office is responsible for processing visa applications for The Netherlands.

Just wondering if we can go to other embassies or is it better to go to the one that is prescribed on the website?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello

My partner is Dutch (from the Netherlands) and the closest Aust. Embassy is London Office but on the IMMI website it says the Berlin Office is responsible for processing visa applications for The Netherlands.

Just wondering if we can go to other embassies or is it better to go to the one that is prescribed on the website?

Thanks in advance
As far as I know you can mention somewhere which embassy is the closest to you but in the end the Australian government will decide where they will process your application

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you apply online, you don't get a choice, you lodge the application through the immi website and it will be processed through Berlin.

I'm not sure how strict they are about going through the correct embassy if you apply on paper. But I wouldn't recommend lodging a paper application anyway.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I believe that if it goes to the wrong embassy it will then go to the correct one. For example if you are in London on a tourist visa it will go to the embassy closest to your home. I have seen this done regularly that go to NZ on a tourist visa lodge and then go back to Australia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.