Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,

Need some advice here

I submitted a 457 application end of Jan 2018, hwich was initially rejected and has subsequently gone to appeal. Meanwhile, I have been placed on a bridging visa C and my partner on a Bridging visa A. We are travelling outside of Australia in July for 1 month.

I am aware that the bridging visas will get cancelled, will the 457 application be cancelled also?

I have been told that I could re enter on a toursit visa and reinstate my bridging application?

Any help appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
If you currently are not the holder of a 457 visa, how can it be cancelled?

If your wife has a BVA, she should be able to apply for a BVB.

You may not be granted a tourist visa. In which case you would be stranded overseas. I have seen it happen before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was referring to as in they would stop the application process.

I was wondering what the possibilities are of reapplying for a bridging visa should this one be cancelled?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
If the application is being reviewed, it is actually not being processed.. If the AAT remits the matter, processing will continue.

I wouldn’t be able to say anything sensible about the bridging visa without actually having access to all your relevant documentation and I couldn’t possibly provide any specific advice based on the little information provided.

Is someone handling the appeal for you? They’d be the ones to explain all the ins and outs to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.