Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if there's already a same thread as this one. If there is, please let me know.

My partner and I applied for a Partner Visa and has been granted Bridging Visa A and it is already in effect, as my previous visa (Student Visa) already expired. However, I am still enrolled until 2019, my Partner and I decided to cancel my studies for the mean time. Is it possible to cancel my studies, if so, will there be an effect on my ongoing partner visa application?

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You need to check you contract/agreement you signed with your training provider on how you can exit that contract.

It wont affect your Partner Visa application.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to check you contract/agreement you signed with your training provider on how you can exit that contract.

It wont affect your Partner Visa application.
Thanks huge! We're concerned that cancelling my current course will affect the visa application since I applied for Partner Visa while studying.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Thanks huge! We're concerned that cancelling my current course will affect the visa application since I applied for Partner Visa while studying.
Study would only affect your visa if it is a condition of the current visa you are on.

It would only affect a future visa if that visa had study as a required condition.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Study would only affect your visa if it is a condition of the current visa you are on.

It would only affect a future visa if that visa had study as a required condition.
Thanks Mania! Just to be sure, correct me if wrong, Bridging Visa Condition is NIL so it'll be fine to cancel the studies?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Correct.

However remember what ampk said above you may still have contractual obligations with the education provider and may still have to pay the fees.
Yep, gotcha. I will be in contact with them and check. Thanks for all your help!

Hope this helps others with similar situation as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.