Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wondered what is the criteria or standard to let bridging visa in effect. Accordingly, I see some people apply for protection visa while they are holding student visa, tourist visa and working holiday visa etc. Consequently, visa of some of them has been canceled right after bridging granted and bridging is in effect immediately, some of them has been waited until expired and bridging is in effect immediately , but some of them main visa just been canceled and bridging is not come into effect and ceased too.
Question
1.Do you think Immi really has standard procedure or it depends on case officer?
2.For people who has been canceled main visa and bridging is also ceased , only resubmit application is an option?
3.you can give me more info.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
1.Do you think Immi really has standard procedure or it depends on case officer?

** Immi have Procedures Advice Manuals for the Case Officer to use to processes applications In accordance with the Migration Regulations. My understanding is then the Case officer makes a decision and this decision is given to a superior person to agree or disagree with e Case Officer, If agreed then the Case Officers decision/s are approved.

2.For people who has been canceled main visa and bridging is also ceased , only resubmit application is an option?

*** You are not clear here - what would be the main visa - Student, Tourist or Protection Visa?

3.you can give me more info.

*** Only apply for visa's you are eligible for, then they don't get cancelled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Allow me to explain, there is student that was holding student visa and applied for protection visa, bridging A granted at that moment. After that, student visa was cancelled because student didn't pay for the tuition(got COE cancellation letter). Now, there is no information on VEVO both the student visa and bridging visa that granted before which I assume that both are ceased because of student's visa cancellation. Question
1.Is it possible that bridging is cancelled? Because I saw some of them just only been cancelled student visa, not the bridging.
2. If bridging is also cancelled, only resubmit application is an option or there is other ways?

Thank you,

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If the student visa was cancelled, then the associated bridging visa would also be cancelled and the person would now be illegally in Australia. They would need to apply for a Bridging Visa E in order to remain but the BVE has no work rights and no travel rights so it's usually not a visa anyone wants to be on if they can avoid it. It would likely also severely limit their options for applying for any other visa from within Australia. If they were able to apply for another visa, they may have additional criteria to meet. They would be best to speak with a registered migration agent to see what options they have.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
QUOTE Etpp;

Because I saw some of them just only been cancelled student visa, not the bridging.

Bridging Visa's (except E) are attached to an existing visa - if that existing visa is cancelled so is the Bridging Visa ( it can not be attached to nothing).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.