Australia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a US citizen applying for a 6mo visitor visa, but I'll be traveling from Southeast Asia, and so am required to have a health exam and chest x-ray. The only clinic in my current country that does both the exam and the x-ray was fully booked several weeks out, and I was only able to get an appointment for the 28th day after receiving the letter requesting health exams, which of course says that a response is required within 28 days. I do not think my results will be uploaded to the immigration system in time to meet the deadline.

I've uploaded a note explaining the situation and the email from the clinic confirming my appointment as "other documents" on my ImmiAccount, but is there anything else I need to do? Will these be seen? I'm worried about my visa just getting an auto-rejection when I haven't submitted the exams in time. If anyone else has been in this situation, I'd love to know what you did and how it worked out!

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Thousands of people have been in this situation in the past few years. You have done the correct thing in uploading the appointment letter.

Reactions: EveryCountryVisited

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I'm a US citizen applying for a 6mo visitor visa, but I'll be traveling from Southeast Asia, and so am required to have a health exam and chest x-ray. The only clinic in my current country that does both the exam and the x-ray was fully booked several weeks out, and I was only able to get an appointment for the 28th day after receiving the letter requesting health exams, which of course says that a response is required within 28 days. I do not think my results will be uploaded to the immigration system in time to meet the deadline.

I've uploaded a note explaining the situation and the email from the clinic confirming my appointment as "other documents" on my ImmiAccount, but is there anything else I need to do? Will these be seen? I'm worried about my visa just getting an auto-rejection when I haven't submitted the exams in time. If anyone else has been in this situation, I'd love to know what you did and how it worked out!
The main point is that it says " that a response is required within 28 days."
You have responded as required, presumably in the required 28 days.

If the actual result goes way past the date you gave, they will probably check with you to see what is happening.

Reactions: EveryCountryVisited
1 - 3 of 3 Posts