Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Hello,
I granted my permanent carer visa 836 the last October after 4 years.
My aunt is my sponsor and I was her secondary medical POA. When I granted my visa I also moved from her house and I live now with my family(husband and daughter). Am I still obliged to look after her and provide any support? I'm not her POA anymore(I resigned).

Thank you
Dimitra
Thank you for your response but there were serious issues. Everything is reported to the services. Thank you for your time.
I would assume that Immigration would have notified you of any further obligation as you have told them of the change.

If they don't say anything, once notified, then you should be OK.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to jump to that conclusion, immigration are slow to act at the best of times, especially something low risk like this.

Unless of course immigration has informed you in writing that you no longer need to meet the requirements of the visa.
If Immigration have the right details, and they do not state that the visa is no longer valid, then the person would be able to stay.

If Immigration decide at a later time, to impose any conditions, then the visa holder has to abide by that, at that time, or appeal.

The 836 is a permanent visa, and until cancelled would be considered to be still valid.

I assume a permanent visa can be cancelled for some reasons, including obtaining by fraud, if applicable. But with genuine change of circumstances, it may not be cancellable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.