Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am thinking to apply for CDR - Environmental Engineer, however I do not have a engineer degree.

My qualifications:
Bachelor of Environmental Science - 4 years
Master of Science in Environmental Engineering and Management - 2 years

Work Experience:
Site Engineer in a construction site - 2 years

Although I do not have a bachelor degree in engineering, I have a relevant master degree in which at least 50% of the course is engineering based as well as relevant work experience. Is there any chances that I can be qualified as an environmental engineer and can start to apply for the CDR with work experience?

Cheers,
Robin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't even think about applying for a skills assessment with Engineers Australia unless you have a recognised degree in Engineering.
Dear Mr. Hooper,

Thank you for your clarification. Although my bachelor degree is not engineering based, I believe my master degree is sufficient to represent as a engineer degree given the below points:

MSc in Environmental Engineering and Management - The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
1. The programme offer advanced environmental engineering courses
2. Many of the courses teach the design of environmental engineering components and systems
3. The programme is under the School of Engineering and offered by the Departments of Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering and Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

Thank you for your information again and feel free to reply if you have any queries on the programme and the CDR pathway that I should take.

Regards,
Robin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.