Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am moving to Australia in late March, and right now I have an iphone with Verizon as my provider. It's unlocked as far as I know, and I've talked to a few aussie-americans and they said they went with a sim card on a 28 day or 40 day cycle with a fixed amount of minutes/texting/data.

My other option is getting a phone plan overseas; I've read that Telstra or Optus are good providers, although a bit pricey. I'll be living in a small-ish area known as Coffs Harbour, so I'm not sure what's the best option for coverage & value: 1) sim card or 2) phone plan? Please let me know :)

also - priciness is okay - I'm willing to pay for a good phone provider. However would it be more practical to get a prepaid phone/sim card?

Thank you all so much in advance! xx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, personally, I would stay clear of Optus, my experience of their customer service is shocking and I know other people who would say the same thing (although, I'm sure there are people who would vouch for them also)!

Although a bit on the pricey side, Telstra has the widest coverage but I can't imagine you'll have trouble in Coffs Harbour with the majority of providers. I'm with Vodafone and they've been fantastic up to now (and I had no problem in Coffs Harbour with them.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.