Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 28 weeks pregnant and I was looking for work since February 2017 but could not find any work and now I am not in the position to work so which payments I can claim from Centrelink?

thank you

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
I am 28 weeks pregnant and I was looking for work since February 2017 but could not find any work and now I am not in the position to work so which payments I can claim from Centrelink?

thank you
Have you done the required 2 years residence in Australia to qualify for any benefits?
https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/newly-arrived-residents-waiting-period.

Is your partner working?

New Residents need to have enough to cover the first two years.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Yeah he is working but nothing is mentioned about this two years residency condition on Centrelink website.
Have a look at the Centrelink/Human Services link in my last post.

Also, even if you are over 24 months as Permanent Resident, your partners income is taken into account to work out how much they would pay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello all,
I have a question.If I have 96 weeks resident in Australia,but I went out from Australia for 8 weeks and after I comeback,and I expected to do the rest a 8 weeks for I have 104 weeks resident in Australia. I can ask ceterlink for unemployment benefit?

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Hello all,
I have a question.If I have 96 weeks resident in Australia,but I went out from Australia for 8 weeks and after I comeback,and I expected to do the rest a 8 weeks for I have 104 weeks resident in Australia. I can ask ceterlink for unemployment benefit?
You can always ask, and Centrelink will check your income and assets and determine if you are eligible, after the 104 weeks is up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.