Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had my citizenship test May 14th and approved same day...but now its been almost 4 months and havent heard a thing about a ceremony...i live in Victoria and it must be slow down here...anyone from Victoria have a ceremony lately?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies Mish, that's a bit disappointing to hear. I woke up this morning and im part of a group on FB called "Fair go for Australian citizenship" and a woman from NSW emailed everytime she knew her council lwas having a ceremony and they replied to her with a date, so she gave me the links to the Victoria emails and I just sent an email to both,so fingers crossed!
Here are the emails if anyone else wants to try.

[email protected]

[email protected]

I hope this works I want this journey to finally be over!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyhow enough about me...how is your journey progressing Mish? And thank you for helping me get here, I owe you a LOT of credit for helping me when I was stuck MANY times!

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
I saw your Facebook post yesterday in the group.

My husband is waiting for his citizenship interview but still early as he applied mid May. However considering he is from a HR country I am thinking the approval might be awhile 😒

What did you say in the email? I might do the same when the time comes?

I will be glad when it is all over I am really exhausted from applying for visa's for my husband all the time. Atleast with you being American you get alot of visa on entry like Auatralia but with my husband he gets visa on entry to very few countries.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I will be glad when it is all over I am really exhausted from applying for visa's for my husband all the time. Atleast with you being American you get alot of visa on entry like Auatralia but with my husband he gets visa on entry to very few countries.
I can sympathise with that, we pick our trips based on visa options, usually just Asia as my wife gets visa on arrival in most (Philippines Passport), but we really want to go to the USA to visit family there and it's just such a headache.

Even home to New Zealand as she is still waiting for the 801 so need a visa there too.

I saw a great holiday deal to New Caledonia recently (we both need a holiday) but no, need a visa.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
I can sympathise with that, we pick our trips based on visa options, usually just Asia as my wife gets visa on arrival in most (Philippines Passport), but we really want to go to the USA to visit family there and it's just such a headache.

Even home to New Zealand as she is still waiting for the 801 so need a visa there too.

I saw a great holiday deal to New Caledonia recently (we both need a holiday) but no, need a visa.
My husband has an Egyptian passport so there are alot that need a visa. I think close by visa is on entry is Hong Kong, Malaysia & Indonesia all the rest he needs to apply for a visa.

I looked at New Caledonia, Fiji and Vanuatu but all need a visa *sigh*. Why can't they do the same as NZ lol.

There is NZ only because he is PR now.

We have done 2 European cities and needed visas and it just takes time gathering the paperwork etc. It is just exhausting having to apply for visas and gather all the paperwork.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To whom it may concern,

Im emailing in regards to my citizenship ceremony. I was approved for citizenship on May 14th, 2018 and since then I haven't heard about a ceremony date and have found that the city of Melbourne town hall will be holding a ceremony on Wednesday,17th October 2018.

I would love to be part of that ceremony and finally call myself an AUSTRALIAN!

My name is:

File#

client ID#

AppID

Kind regards

put your name here

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mish that's exactly what I sent...I hope it works. if I don't hear anything in a month ill send another because I found my local coucil does ceremonies all the time (Melton coucil)...I hope it works!

·
Registered
165 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.