Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I remember reading on the immigration website that all official documents must be certified before being sent in, however I read this before the hard copy submissions were canned. We met with a migration agent a couple of weeks ago who advised us that certifying scans of passports and such for digital submission was unnecessary, which made sense to me, but I am just a few days away from uploading all my documents and I suddenly am not so sure about it.

Are certifications still required? If so what is the extent of the documents that should be certified, beyond passports/IDs?

Thank you.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Your migration agent is correct: coloured scans of documents do not need to be certified.

888's and your stat decs do need to be certified, however.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I certainly certified those, along with ID copies of the people giving the statements. Good to know, thank you.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
If you read the website for your visa, it explains to upload original color scans and not certified copies of documents. That was for paper applications when you wouldn't send in original birth certificates and passports and stuff so you needed to send in certified copies.

Form 888s do not need to be certified copies either. You still upload the original in color scan. The signatures need to be certifiably witnessed though to prove the person signing is the actual person, hence the witness list on the form (pharmacists, teachers, etc).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.