Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just about to hand over our (fingers crossed) Decision Ready Partner 820 onshore application.

Have one question about certified copies though. Do you have to get printouts from the internet certified? From what I understand, certified copies are for when you are making a copy of an original but the Document Checklist states "You should provide 'certified copies' of original documentation." If that's the case, do I need to go have every piece of paper included in the application stamped and certified? Like so much of this process, what immigration is looking for isn't exactly clear. Can anyone share their experience or knowledge on this?

I have gotten anything that I photocopied certified (ie invitations, rental agreement, bank statements, etc) but do I also have to certify billing statements and skype conversations printed directly?

Also, we have included our relationship statement as well as household breakdown and finances statements. Do these also need to be certified?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Certified copy,s, passport pages for example need to be photo copied taken to the notary and stamped and signed by him, this is his way of verifying that they are true copies, anything that needs to be certified has to be stamped by the notary, if im wrong then i made a big mistake, hoe this helps

louise

·
Super Moderator
9,748 Posts
Hi Chelsealyn -

It's a gray area, and the differing language on different parts of DIAC's website, booklets doesn't help, ie "You must provide certified copies of originals." language on the subclass 820 checklist instructions, etc. Generally speaking, if you do not originate or create a document, it should be a certified copy. So any documents made by 3rd parties - statements, receipts, bills, leases, etc should be certified. As to documents you print out yourself from the internet, that's where the gray area is. I have never seen an application refused due to this type of doc not being certified, but we advise our clients not to take the chance, and certify everything. Simplest thing to do is to make a stack of these documents, and paper clip the original to the copy and build up a file. Then go to the free JP services that are a libraries and shopping centres, and have them go through the pile and certify each copy. The can go through quite a bit in a short period of time, and it eliminates any small possibility that an overzealous DIAC case officer could have an issue with non-certified copies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.