Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

When applying for a partner visa, do all of the documents submitted as evidence (eg, bank statements, insurance policies, lease agreements, bills etc) need to be certified? Or is it only key doucments such as birth certificates, passports etc that need to be certified?

On form 40SP is asks me to provide copies of certified payslips. I was just wondering if this was the case for all eveidence submitted?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
everything should be certified, however if they are documents you don't really need you can send originals - I did this for telephone bills and bank statements (if they are not returned it is not important to me as I can easily get another one).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear all,

When applying for a partner visa, do all of the documents submitted as evidence (eg, bank statements, insurance policies, lease agreements, bills etc) need to be certified? Or is it only key doucments such as birth certificates, passports etc that need to be certified?

On form 40SP is asks me to provide copies of certified payslips. I was just wondering if this was the case for all eveidence submitted?

Thanks
Hi julianne,

I had the same question and I rang Immi. Basically everything comes from a computer, digital documents such as bank statement, plane tickets, etc don't need to be certified.
You need to certify copies of original such as passports, birth certificates, birthday cards (I didn't want to give them the original) etc.

Police checks need to be original, they will send them back to you once they have processed the application.

Regarding the payslips, I think you can get them electronically , or you might ask a copy from you payroll office, so in that case you won't need to have them certified. Best thing is to have your manager/boss to write a declaration where she/he states for how long you have been working at your job and how much you earn, so you wont need payslips or tax returns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.