Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was just had a quick question about form 888.

If a teacher was the person witnessing the statutory declaration is it them who would also certify the birth certificate of the person filling out the form?

How does this work? Would you present them with the original and from that they create a coloured photocopy and sign the copy?

Is there anything particular wording they need to write on the photocopy? Is there a certain spot on the birth certificate that they need to write it on?

Sorry for sounding pedantic. I just want to make sure that their birth certificate is certified correctly in order to be attached to their 888 form.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Certify copies

• Make a copy of the original document.
  • Take the original document and your copy to the certifier.
  • They will check your copy is the same as the original.
  • On a single-page document, the certifier must write or stamp, 'This is a certified true copy of the original as sighted by me'
  • On documents with more than 1 page, the certifier must write or stamp 'I certify this and the following [number of pages] pages to be a true copy of the original as sighted by me' on the first page and initials all other pages.

The certifier must also write or stamp on the copy:
  • their signature
  • their full name
  • their occupation
  • their phone number
  • the date
  • their address (optional)

Have your copies certified by someone who:

• is an Australian citizen
  • is not related to you (by birth, marriage or de facto relationship)
  • works in one of the occupations listed below:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/applying-online-or-on-paper/on-paper/certified-copy

The person witnessing the form 888, could also certify a copy of the birth certificate.In fact, I normally advise clients to get it done this way, so both documents are witnessed/certified at the same time and place.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Thanks so much for that!

So just anywhere on the copy is fine for them to write their certification? As long as it isn't over the top of any important writing of course?
I usually try and find some empty space at the bottom. It depends on the document.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.