Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
So so grateful for this forum and all of your advice.
I am Australian living in Barcelona with my Catalan partner. We are in the final stages of pulling together the application. We have been given conflicting advice as to how to certify Australian stat decs here (written by Australian's living here in Barcelona and by Spanish residents all in English). A notario said it must be signed and stamped by an english qualified notario here, then sent to the College of Notario's to have the Aposttle of the Hague stamp. Is this correct? Or does it just need a certified notario to witness and stamp it?

Secondly, with regards to translating spanish and catalan documents eg. birth certificates. Does the original need to be copied and witnessed by a notario first before being sent to a certified translator, which when translated is stamped, then sent to the College of notario's for an Aposttle of the Hague stamp also?

I have sent emails to Madrid Embassy, who send us to London who then send us to Madrid with no one giving an answer. The Notario's have no clue and their English stems to 'hello and yes' then want to charge 500 euros to witness 4 pieces of paper!!

If anyone has any direct experience and knows how to go about certifying both English and spanish documents here in Spain we would be very grateful!

Muchas gracias
:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
similar issues

I am currently going through the same thing with my partner visa application. I am Australian and partner is British but living in Santander Spain and want to apply for visa in Madrid. The embassy have told us that a notario needs to certify documents, but as you suggest, we have heard that they charge through the teeth!

I'm afraid I haven't got any useful advice for you, we are considering getting documents certifed in the UK as we are visiting soon and possibly will be cheaper but not sure if this is acceptable. Would be great to hear if you find a solution to this problem or exactly what needs to be done! Will post here is we figure it out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.