Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CCMS 
#1 ·
Hello there,

I have one question only!

Is there at least 0.1% chance for my mother to get a PR on my visa subclass 189 as a dependent family member if she provides all the needed proofs that she is a dependent on me?!

#3 ·
There's a few posts from you asking similar questions. If you are that worried about it and if its that important, why wouldn't you spend some $$ with a registered agent and work through all the options. Only costs a few hundred but you get the piece of mind that all the information is correct and have a strategy to follow.

See the list below for those who contribute to this forum:
Westly Russell - Pinoy Australia Pty Ltd
Jeremy Hopper - Home | 4 Australian Visas
Nick van Voorst - http://www.ausvisa.net.au/
Lisa Wulfsohn - www.proxymigration.com.au
Mark Northam - https://mnvisa.com/

Reactions: Ramah
#4 ·
No matter how many times you ask, I won't be able to tell you what you want to hear. The Migration Regulations are very clear, 100 % clear in fact.

189.3 Secondary criteria
These criteria are for applicants who are members of the family unit of a person who satisfies the primary criteria. All criteria must be satisfied at the time a decision is made on the application.

(2) A person is a member of the family unit of another person (the family head) if the person:
(a) is a spouse or de facto partner of the family head; or
(b) is a child or step‑child of the family head or of a spouse or de facto partner of the family head (other than a child or step‑child who is engaged to be married or has a spouse or de facto partner) and:
(i) has not turned 18; or
(ii) has turned 18, but has not turned 23, and is dependent on the family head or on the spouse or de facto partner of the family head; or
(iii) has turned 23 and is under paragraph 1.05A(1)(b) dependent on the family head or on the spouse or de facto partner of the family head; or
(c) is a dependent child of a person who meets the conditions in paragraph (b).

As you can see parents are not listed in the above definition. The most realistic way forward is for you to get PR, become settled, then sponsor your mother for one of the parent visas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.