Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i posted previously regarding my partner and i wanting to apply for an onshore partner visa. My partner and i have been together 12 months now and want to move to australia together (i an australian and have been living in london for 18months). i am moving back to brisbane in march (he will also visit for 2 weeks at this point) and then return to the UK where he will stay to continue to work to save money. We plan on marrying in october this year when he visits australia on another ETA tourist visa (12 month visa but 3 months at a time) and then he will move to brisbane in december this year when we will lodge the allocation. I just have a question if anyone can shed some light. My partner was granted the ETA visa in may 2016 which will expire May 2017 after his visit in March. It was not stamped with a NFS condition. Because he is from the Uk (a low risk country) and it will be over 6 months between visits, he isn't really likely to be given a NFS condition on the next visa is he? I know no one can say 100% but is he more likely to get one if he applies straight after his current one expires or wait the 6 months? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been doing some more searching and found on another forum someone posted this,

"However as your friend is from Korea, they will be eligible to apply for ETA (subclass 601) which will allow them to enter Australia as many times as they want in a 12 month period for a maximum stay of three months. Condition 8503 cannot be attached to this visa.

Source: http://www.australianvisaforum.com/topic/351-visitor-visa-600-with-or-without-condition-8503/"

Does this sound right? I thought the NFS could be attached to any visa?

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
For various visas there are conditions that can or must be imposed listed in the relevant schedule 2 regulation, so search the schedule 2 regulations for subclass 601.
To save you the trouble:
Conditions 8115, 8201, 8527 and 8528 must be imposed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks wrussell,

i understand now that those are the conditions that must be imposed but are there others that could still be imposed under the discretion of the visa officer? or are they the only ones that can and must?

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
thanks wrussell,

i understand now that those are the conditions that must be imposed but are there others that could still be imposed under the discretion of the visa officer? or are they the only ones that can and must?

search the schedule 2 regulations for subclass 601.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My husband just applied for the 600 visa (for a year long visit). He is French (we applied from France). We had already applied for an offshore partner visa in July of last year. He got NFS on the 600 visa which was just granted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.