Australia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I planned to move to Australia in Apr 2020 after being given a work offer, and my PR will expire next March. However, due to Covid-19, my move has been postponed, I was hoping that things would get better by the end of 2020 but it turns out not to be the case - it is still very inconvenient and costly to travel, not to mention the risk of getting the virus.

Thus, I am applying the 155 visa to hopefully get another 1 year. What do you think the chance of getting the visa is? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Hi there,

I planned to move to Australia in Apr 2020 after being given a work offer, and my PR will expire next March. However, due to Covid-19, my move has been postponed, I was hoping that things would get better by the end of 2020 but it turns out not to be the case - it is still very inconvenient and costly to travel, not to mention the risk of getting the virus.

Thus, I am applying the 155 visa to hopefully get another 1 year. What do you think the chance of getting the visa is? Thanks!
Depends on the particulars of your case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I don't have any other particular reasons. I thought the Covid-19 would be a simple and good enough reason for people not to travel at this moment.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Thanks. I don't have any other particular reasons. I thought the Covid-19 would be a simple and good enough reason for people not to travel at this moment.
If you do not meet the 2 year residence requirement, the law requires that you have "substantial" ties to Australia, which are of benefit to Australia, in order to be eligible for an RRV. Your reasons for being absent from Australia are not relevant unless you have been away longer than 5 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds a bit strange, but I think currently being absent is of benefit to Australia. Of course I doubt that the immigration department would think this way... as for other benefits to the country, I could only think that I could be a tax payer, as I've already got a work offer, which was unfortunately delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts