Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Me and my partner (ex) is currently on De facto visa and we had Big fight and decided to broke up.
But here is problem, is it possible to change de facto visa to other visa?
(Eg. student visa)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Can you please confirm what visa you are on. If you are on an 820/309 then the below is relevant, if you are on an 801/100 then you are a permanent resident and even if you seperate from your partner you will retain your defacto visa.

Have you informed DIBP of your change in circumstances?

As long as you meet all the requirements for the visa you are able to apply for it.

However a BVA will be cancelled if your current substansative visa is cancelled, so this could get rather messy for you if you are applying onshore as you are no longer eligible for the defacto visa you are on, assuming it is the first stage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We?re on 820..
I?m citizen here but he?s the one whos on partner visa atm..
I dont want him to be kicked out from here that?s why we are trying to find him the way to stay here..
We didnt informed DIBP yet.

Can you please confirm what visa you are on. If you are on an 820/309 then the below is relevant, if you are on an 801/100 then you are a permanent resident and even if you seperate from your partner you will retain your defacto visa.

Have you informed DIBP of your change in circumstances?

As long as you meet all the requirements for the visa you are able to apply for it.

However a BVA will be cancelled if your current substansative visa is cancelled, so this could get rather messy for you if you are applying onshore as you are no longer eligible for the defacto visa you are on, assuming it is the first stage.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hello
Me and my partner (ex) is currently on De facto visa and we had Big fight and decided to broke up.
But here is problem, is it possible to change de facto visa to other visa?
(Eg. student visa)
Your partner could apply for skilled or employer sponsored migration, if they can meet the requirements. The chances of being granted a student or tourist visa while on as. 820 visa are zero.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.