Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

This situation doesn't seem to be covered in any other thread and I would be grateful if anyone has insight or advice into how to move forward with this problem.

If a family come to Australia on a 457, have been here for 3 years, the primary applicant is sponsored and has an ongoing job, THEN the couple seperate just as they are eligible to apply for pr, what happens?

Will the secondary applicant & children on the visa have to return to the uk?

Can the secondary apply in her own right for pr?

Will they have to start again as two individuals?

Does the 3 years here already count?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All,

This situation doesn't seem to be covered in any other thread and I would be grateful if anyone has insight or advice into how to move forward with this problem.

If a family come to Australia on a 457, have been here for 3 years, the primary applicant is sponsored and has an ongoing job, THEN the couple seperate just as they are eligible to apply for pr, what happens?

Will the secondary applicant & children on the visa have to return to the uk?

Can the secondary apply in her own right for pr?

Will they have to start again as two individuals?

Does the 3 years here already count?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Very surprised and disappointed that no one has any advice. Am I asking the wrong questions? Could a moderator let me know. Is more information required?

Please advise so that I know what to expect when I contact immifrarion before applying for pr.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I actually don't understand why people expect to hear an answer right away for every question they put up here. I think if someone know the answer, they will definitely try to help. But if there is no answer, probably because nobody know about it.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Very surprised and disappointed that no one has any advice. Am I asking the wrong questions? Could a moderator let me know. Is more information required?

Please advise so that I know what to expect when I contact immifrarion before applying for pr.
I answered you as best I could in another thread where you asked the same question. Most times if you don't get a response, it's because no one knows the answer. This is actually the first time I've seen this exact question on this board in the year I've been frequenting it. That's why you're not getting responses. You're either going to have to contact a migration agent (more reliable) or DIAC to get answers, I'm afraid.

Reactions: rhirhi

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I believe Immafrarion was just a typo for "Immigration." :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.