Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have GSM 175 and I'm planning to move to Australia in June 2014, however I need to get new passport as pages in my existing one are getting over.
So I wanted to know after getting new passport what should I do to inform DIAC and also will there be any impact on my GSM 175 Visa?

Regards
AB

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes, you should inform immigration. They will attach your visa to your new passport. There is no other impact on your visa.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Complete form 929 and send to DIBP with a copy of your new passport so they can update their records.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MAggie..appreciate our help.......with DIBP do you mean DIAC? Should I courier it or just email to GSM mail address? sorry if my questions are too stupid.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
DIAC changed their name to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) at least several months ago.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Top left header of immi.gov.au... Department of Immigration and Border Protection. :) But yes, I'm sure there are places on their website or forms they haven't updated yet. Full scale changes like these take time to make, I'm sure.

Reactions: Dinkum and ambh
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.