Australia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I hope someone can give insights on change of name on 820.

I have been holding 820 for almost 2 months and recently got my change of name approved by NSW BDM last week. I called Home Affairs office and asked their view on this and they said to scan the certificate and email it to vic temporary and qld temporary (which I did few days ago).

Earlier today, I went to Service Australia Medicare office to ask their assistance to change my Medicare card to my new name and their response was 'you are not eligible to change your name on medicare as you are not yet PR' their advise was to contact Home Affairs to change my name on my visa.

I called Home Affairs and asked for their recommendation on this situation and they said 'the process of reporting your new name is correct, now is up to processing office to accept your new name and change it on your visa or they can reject it. it's up to them.'

Now I am bit confused as I have no idea what to do next. Funny enough, I successfully change my name on ATO, NSW services (Driver license and some work related licenses) and all my financial services...

Is anyone has gone through this? or have any suggestions and insight on what happening in Home affairs ?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Hi everyone. I hope someone can give insights on change of name on 820.

I have been holding 820 for almost 2 months and recently got my change of name approved by NSW BDM last week. I called Home Affairs office and asked their view on this and they said to scan the certificate and email it to vic temporary and qld temporary (which I did few days ago).

Earlier today, I went to Service Australia Medicare office to ask their assistance to change my Medicare card to my new name and their response was 'you are not eligible to change your name on medicare as you are not yet PR' their advise was to contact Home Affairs to change my name on my visa.

I called Home Affairs and asked for their recommendation on this situation and they said 'the process of reporting your new name is correct, now is up to processing office to accept your new name and change it on your visa or they can reject it. it's up to them.'

Now I am bit confused as I have no idea what to do next. Funny enough, I successfully change my name on ATO, NSW services (Driver license and some work related licenses) and all my financial services...

Is anyone has gone through this? or have any suggestions and insight on what happening in Home affairs ?
When we did the change of name through marriage, Immigration would only do it with the new passport in the new name. That might also apply to Medicare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts