Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Change of passport form 929?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  wrussell 
#1 ·
Hey! My foreign passport is going to expire and I plan on going to Singapore to renew it because the flight is $500 cheaper than to Canberra.

How do I enter Australia again if it's a new passport and my visa is linked to the expired passport? I know to change passport details I need to submit Form 929. But currently the processing time for 929 is 40 days!

If I go to Singapore to renew then email form 929 with the new pp details, I still have to wait there more than a month before the visa is transferred to the new pp. That's way too long to be there. How can I get around this? Thanks!

#5 ·
I didn't apply online. Mine is visa 461, only paper applications accepted.

Will I be able to come back into Australia with the new passport if I show them my expired passport with the visa in it and inform them that I'm going to transfer the visa to the new one asap?

#4 ·
I have the same problem.

I have been granted with tourist visa subclass 600. I made a renewal of my passport because of the expiration date of the old passport.

My question is: should I wait for change of passport details to be shown on VEVO or I can bring my old passport together with my new passport before that change is applied on VEVO and won't have any problems entering Australia?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.