Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i lodged my skilled sponsored subclass 176 application last sept 08, non csl or modl. due to the recent changes in migration policy, i know that it would take a longer time for me to get my visa. but then my aunt, who is my sponsor, suddenly decides to leave australia permanently. i was advised by my agent that my cousin, who is in australia, could take her place. i have a few questions though:

1.) will a change in sponsor further delay my application process
2.) is it possible for my cousin to sponsor 2 applicants at the same time?
3.) how much should my cousin earn or own so she could be an eligible sponsor?
4.) do you think it would be easier and more practical for me to get a student visa instead?

thanks. im really worried with my application

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi mareymarey and welcome to the forum,

You may want to check with that agent in respect to a cousin being a sponsor for cousins are not listed @ Skilled - Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

I'm not aware as to the limit of people one sponsor can sponsor but that is rather moot until you get the cousin situation cleared.

The GSM changes you mention are a works in progress at the moment and so rather difficult to say just what timeframes are but a sponsor change may not affect processing if an application is lower priority, but again you'll need an eligible sponsor and you ought to check with DIAC via an PLE [see under Contact] in respect to what the situation is re a sponsor change for some things can be changed and others cannot.

A student visa has its uncertainties too re there is no guarantee that whatever course you looked at would create a path to PR if that is what you're looking at, and there is considerable expense in fees etc.

Seeing as you have qualifications to apply for a 176 and if you have at least three years experience you may be better to see if you can find an employer sponsor for an ENS/RSMS - Skilled Workers Permanent Visa Options- Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Have a look under eligibility and you'll soon see if you're eligible and the advantage of an ENS/RSMS is that your 176 fees can be applied to those visas.
It may take a bit of work to find an employer but it is happening and being top priority focus of DIAC, I'd expect more and more employers will become familiar with that approach.

What area are you Qualified in and are you under 31 and from a Working Holiday Visa eligible country for that is another way you could come at little cost and perhaps find some work that could lead to an employer sponsoring you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.