Australia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to change an existing offshore partner visa application to onshore, especially given the exceptional circumstances of Covid-19?

Earlier this year we applied offshore for a 309/100 partner visa. Offshore was chosen as we still wanted/expected to be travelling and living in other countries (as well as time in Australia) while it was processing. We're both retired.

I'm now in Australia with my Australian citizen wife, and looking at the uncertainty of trying to get onshore 600 tourists visas to stay longer, until travel together is possible/safe again. Realistically that's now sometime in 2021, maybe later, so it's going to run into 12 month stay and other limits of a "temporary" stay at some point (visa could even be refused).

Onshore application (for the bridging visa A) seems the logical answer, would be great if there was a way to change the existing application. Paying the fee again woud be a pain (but I accept I'll probably have to, uness there's an exception somewhere). If/when travel is possible I can apply for bridging visas B.

Is it possible/legal to have both the offshore and onshore partner visa applications in process at the same time? Might as well see which gets there first.

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
From what you have posted, you could lodge an onshore partner visa application 820/801, for which you would have to pay another visa application charge. It is legal and possible. and it is only money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. So no way to convert the existing offshore application into an onshore? Not a surprise but I could hope...

A high fee to pay again, but in the currently world better than being forced to travel somewhere, especially apart.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thanks. So no way to convert the existing offshore application into an onshore? Not a surprise but I could hope...

A high fee to pay again, but in the currently world better than being forced to travel somewhere, especially apart.
No way to convert unfortunately.

Reactions: bradfm
1 - 4 of 4 Posts