Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I applied online for a 301 partner visa. Under the Character Declarations, the second question reads:
Has any applicant ever been convicted of an offence in any country (including any conviction which is
now removed from official records)?

I had been charged with a DWAI (Driving while ability impaired) in the USA which is considered a traffic conviction, not a misdemeanour. I answered 'No' as I did not think it was considered a criminal charge.

I now have learned that this will appear on police records. Should I correct this now by submitting a form 1023 explaining it as above?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi,

I applied online for a 301 partner visa. Under the Character Declarations, the second question reads:
Has any applicant ever been convicted of an offence in any country (including any conviction which is
now removed from official records)?

I had been charged with a DWAI (Driving while ability impaired) in the USA which in NY state is considered a traffic conviction, not a misdemeanour (though it is treated seriously in terms of process). I answered 'No' as I did not think it was considered a criminal charge.

I now have learned that this will appear on police records. Should I correct this now by submitting a form 1023 explaining it as above?

Thanks
Yes, you should. You can also use the form 1023 facility in ImmiAccount, if you application was lodged online.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.