Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new so be kind!!

Myself and my husband are looking to move to Oz, he is a chef but chef has been taken off of the sol!! We are going to look into get a employeer sponsored visa. Can you tell me what are the chances of a chef fully qualified and cooking for the past 14 years a sponsered job and whats the best way to go looking for a job?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi I'm new so be kind!!

Myself and my husband are looking to move to Oz, he is a chef but chef has been taken off of the sol!! We are going to look into get a employeer sponsored visa. Can you tell me what are the chances of a chef fully qualified and cooking for the past 14 years a sponsered job and whats the best way to go looking for a job?

Many Thanks
Hard to specify the chances for it'll always be a factor of how the maeket is, supply/demand etc. and there're heaps of international cooking students in the country at the moment but a Chef they do not straight away make.
I'd think if he has some top line experience he may find some of the larger establishments, hotel chains and resorts etc. may be the place to try.
I did put some thoughts on http://www.australiaforum.com/jobs-work/4417-employer-sponsorship.html
Big Hotel chains like Hilton, Travel Lodge etc. should be easy enough to find on searches.
And just a case of sending heaps of enquiries out.
Some places may not be right up with sponsorship and so including a link/explanation to Visa Options - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration will not hurt and also to the Immi advice re immigration priorities
General Skilled Migration
We have a national election on August 21 and immigration levels is a hot subject at the moment too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.