Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are permanant resident of Australia since last one year. My wife delivered baby outside Australia last month. No I want to apply for baby PR so that we can take him with us when we relocate to Australia next year.

1.Should we apply directly child visa sub class 101 or
2.Visitor visa first and then child visa 802 ?? Is it possible or are there any issues in it

which option will be easy and cheaper? what would be the way forward, I am a little confused ..pls suggest

would appreciate your quick reply/ feedback .Thanks

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
You could apply for visitor visa and if that is refused, or has no further stay imposed, a 101.

Where the welfare of a child is involved, you might consider taking professional advice form a registered migration agent.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could apply for visitor visa and if that is refused, or has no further stay imposed, a 101.

Where the welfare of a child is involved, you might consider taking professional advice form a registered migration agent.
How can I avoid 'no further stay' condition. Secondly if i get visit visa, how quickly can I get 802 visa and if visit visa expires in Australia can I get extension or some bridging visa while residing in Australia??

·
Registered
267 Posts
How can I avoid 'no further stay' condition. Secondly if i get visit visa, how quickly can I get 802 visa and if visit visa expires in Australia can I get extension or some bridging visa while residing in Australia??
IMO, there is no way to guarantee that you won't get a NFS clause. It's all in the hands of IMMI.

But you can request a waiver.

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-52b

As to the timeline -

802 - Child (subclass 802)
75% of applications processed in 10 months
90% of applications processed in 12 months

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...processing-times/global-visa-processing-times

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.