Australia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am permanent resident (189) and currently offshore. I want to apply for Child visa 101 for my child who is 4 months old (filipino father). I saw in the immi website that i can sponsor my child however i got confused of the child criteria.

I saw on the immigration site that the "CHILD MUST BE"
1. a natural child of the Australian parent or
2. adopted child/step child of Australian parent
3. A child conceived through aritficial conception procedure
4. A child under surrogacy procedures

There is no mention of a child having a permanent resident parent in the child criteria.
Is my child eligible for child visa 101?

If not what are my other visa options for my child? Please help , I need to lodge my child's visa before i go back to Australia.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am permanent resident (189) and currently offshore. I want to apply for Child visa 101 for my child who is 4 months old (filipino father). I saw in the immi website that i can sponsor my child however i got confused of the child criteria.
I saw on the immigration site that the "CHILD MUST BE" 1. a natural child of the Australian parent or 2. adopted child/step child of Australian parent 3. A child conceived through aritficial conception procedure 4. A child under surrogacy procedures
There is no mention of a child having a permanent resident parent in the child criteria. Is my child eligible for child visa 101?
If not what are my other visa options for my child? Please help , I need to lodge my child's visa before i go back to Australia.
Post Edited

·
Registered
62 Posts
The sponsor must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen aged 18 years or over. If you wish to sponsor a child for an Orphan Relative (subclass 117 or 837) visa, you must have been lawfully resident in Australia for a reasonable period (usually 2 years).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi! Thank you for replying.
Does this mean i can apply my daughter for Child visa 101?
I will be applying my child . Im still offshore and will be applying before i go back to Australia.
I was just making sure before i lodged since the fee is not refundable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.