Australia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I noticed that there is no active thread for people waiting on Child Visa Subclass 101, so I thought I should start one.

My husband, an Australian Citizen, sponsored our 19 y.o. son under Subclass 101. It's through paper application; the documents were sent to Perth, WA, office via DHL which has been delivered on 22 December 2020 - no acknowledgement email has been received so far.

Did anybody else submitted their application recently, during this pandemic or even before? How's your application tracking?

I was hoping we could use this thread to share application progress and ask questions.

Cheers!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Why would you apply for a 101 visa and not apply for citizenship by descent seeing his father is an Australian Citizen?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Does anybody in here knows how long it takes for the Perth office to acknowledge (visa email) the receipt of your paper application?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Does anybody in here knows how long it takes for the Perth office to acknowledge (visa email) the receipt of your paper application?
Hi Sundayzeeday,
Paper application from UK to Perth for Subclass 101 took me 2 months. I posted just before 1st lockdown was announced.
Unfortunately, in these unprecedented times the usual processing times are no more predictable.

I have PR myself and am just waiting for my child's visa to be granted , to move to Aus.

Good luck to you and yours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did anybody else submitted their application recently, during this pandemic or even before? How's your application tracking?

I was hoping we could use this thread to share application progress and ask questions.

Cheers!
Hi again SundayZeeday,

After trying to look for answers a long time, I am posting my question.
If you or any of the experienced moderators can share their views on it, I would be very grateful.

My status : PR granted and activated post first visit in 2018.

Child's Subclass 101: filed in Mar '20, acknowledged by Perth in May '20. He is US Citizen by birth.

Question: Since in current Covid situation the processing times are getting longer, is it possible for me to move to AUS with my child on a Visitor visa ? He is 10 years old and I need to ensure his schooling won't be a problem.
Will the Subclass 101 continue to progress in parallel ?
Will the CO get in touch with me close to deciding on my child's application to give me an opportunity to cross borders with him ?
The website just says, the applicant should be outside the country , when the application gets decided.
Though in simple words, it can be interpreted in multiple ways.
He is all I have and I need to be able move to Aus within next 6 months for sure.

Please share any thoughts/ideas anyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi freebird,

Unfortunately I have limited knowledge with some visa matters, but I will try to answer you questions to my best ability.

1. I believe it is possible for him to apply for a visitor visa and a travel exemption since he is an immediate family of yours.
1.1 I am just not sure on what would be his studying rights 'cause I understand that visitor visa doesn't technically give you the right to study in Australia. You may have to look further on needed bridging visa, I think.
2. I believe the Subclass 101 will progress, you just need to inform the department of the situation changes (i.e. current location of applicant.)
3. From my previous readings, they will probably email you that you son's application is decision-ready. However, since Subclass 101 is an offshore application and will only be granted while the applicant is offshore, the CO will most likely ask you to fly your son out of Australia to make a decision. (Unless the possible onshore grant as stated vaguely in the Immi website actually pushes through.)
4. It is what it is. The applicant should not be in Australia to get the decision. He could be in any other country in the world except Australia (which really is not so ideal with this COVID-19 situation.)

Good luck on your application! I feel your pain on feeling so uncertain with this visa application. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for letting me join the group.

I hope this is the right place to ask this question , if not i apoligise.
I am an Australian Citizen and my wife Viet born received her PR Christmas Eve 2020. She has 3 daughters who still live in Vietnam from a previous marriage , but as part of the divorce order the middle child was awarded to us for full custody. As part of wife receiving her PR our daughter had to undertake a medical for the Aus government.
Now as being that we have supplied all the relevant documents to in the last 12 months and our daughters physical was in November 2020.

Based on this is it reasonable for our migration lawyer to charge $8800 in professional charges to take all the current documents that he has in his office or on the old Immi account and apply for a 101 visa?

It feels like he is taking advantage of our desperation to get her here as we have been unable to see her in 18 months due to travel restrictions in Aus.

Thanks in advance for any advice that the group can provide.

Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi freebird,

Unfortunately I have limited knowledge with some visa matters, but I will try to answer you questions to my best ability.

1. I believe it is possible for him to apply for a visitor visa and a travel exemption since he is an immediate family of yours.
1.1 I am just not sure on what would be his studying rights 'cause I understand that visitor visa doesn't technically give you the right to study in Australia. You may have to look further on needed bridging visa, I think.
2. I believe the Subclass 101 will progress, you just need to inform the department of the situation changes (i.e. current location of applicant.)
3. From my previous readings, they will probably email you that you son's application is decision-ready. However, since Subclass 101 is an offshore application and will only be granted while the applicant is offshore, the CO will most likely ask you to fly your son out of Australia to make a decision. (Unless the possible onshore grant as stated vaguely in the Immi website actually pushes through.)
4. It is what it is. The applicant should not be in Australia to get the decision. He could be in any other country in the world except Australia (which really is not so ideal with this COVID-19 situation.)

Good luck on your application! I feel your pain on feeling so uncertain with this visa application.
Thank you so much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
Thanks for letting me join the group.

I hope this is the right place to ask this question , if not i apoligise.
I am an Australian Citizen and my wife Viet born received her PR Christmas Eve 2020. She has 3 daughters who still live in Vietnam from a previous marriage , but as part of the divorce order the middle child was awarded to us for full custody. As part of wife receiving her PR our daughter had to undertake a medical for the Aus government.
Now as being that we have supplied all the relevant documents to in the last 12 months and our daughters physical was in November 2020.

Based on this is it reasonable for our migration lawyer to charge $8800 in professional charges to take all the current documents that he has in his office or on the old Immi account and apply for a 101 visa?

It feels like he is taking advantage of our desperation to get her here as we have been unable to see her in 18 months due to travel restrictions in Aus.

Thanks in advance for any advice that the group can provide.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, I have no idea on how much is the regular / fair rate for migration agents and lawyers.

Since my son's application is straightforward, we applied on our own just following the guide in the Immi website and paid 2,665 AUD. Even for my eldest daughter's application way back in 2016, we just did it by ourselves.

Regards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sponsoring 101 subclass for my child and RFE received for Medical and Police checks:

Hi All,

I have visited AUS for couple of weeks (to activate my PR) and haven't started living there yet, as I was working on my child's visa to come through.

I have received a RFE for Medical and Police certificates for last 10 years. I have been living in India and UK in last 10 years, so have applied for PCC from both countries.
The RFE also lists AFP Australian Federal Police Check.
As I was going through the AFP form, they are also requesting last 10 years of address etc.
Please can someone advise:
1) if I should be trying for AFP too along with UK and Indian PCC ?
2) if I can give a friend's address to receive the AFP certificate in post? It would be lot quicker than getting delivered to UK.

Thanks in advance,
Stay safe and healthy everyone,

Regards,
freebird

1 - 11 of 11 Posts