Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the procedure of bringing a child to live in Australia.
I have a 2 daughters before I married my foreign husband. When I did my application for my PR residence I didn't include my chuld on the application on my dependants because I wasn't even thinking at that time to bring my daughter's overseas to live because I was planning to raise them to Philippines. Unfortunately, due to a serious family problem I have at the moment. The only solution I've got to have my child in a better environment is I would like to bring them to Australia to live.

I just have a concern that I might have a problem with the immigration since I didn't include my kids on my application and how that will impact on my pr status.
Also, I just got my PR not very long so I'm thinking my husband to sponsor my kids instead. Do we have to go to adoption process for my foreign husband to sponsor my kids?
Or will I be eligible to sponsor my kids? It's just complicated because my kid's have their father's surname.Though I wasn't married to their father.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You have problems here on many levels.

There may be no option left other than Student Visa/s.

You really need a Registered Migration Agent to help you.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Did you include your children though as non-migrating dependents? The application would have asked if you have dependents, so you needed to mention your children. If you haven't, you may have issues.

You would need to apply for child visas but you will also need to prove that their biological father consents to them migrating to Australia.

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Did you include your children though as non-migrating dependents? The application would have asked if you have dependents, so you needed to mention your children. If you haven't, you may have issues.
If you failed to declare your children, you stand to have your visa cancelled.
Consult a registered migration agent for advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.