Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm an Aussie trying to get back to Australia with my Chinese wife. We have been married just over 6 months. We are applying for a tourist visa for her and later a spouse visa. I graduated last year, and have just been doing a bit of private English teaching in China over the last 6 months.

My problem is that we just applied for her tour visa and I fear it will be rejected. As my financial and residential situation in Aust. is poor I got my father to invite her. We submitted everything they asked for. Two days after submission they called her and asked for MY employment details and records of my financial situation and proof of our marriage. By this I assume they want to assess her application based on my financial situation. As my father is the one inviting her is this wrong? Should they be doing this? I thought it would only depend on him, and he is more than able to provide support. On the phone the embassy told me I'd only need to submit his details, which of course we did. Because of the system, we cannot even apply for a family visitor visa because only blood relatives can do that.

Does any one have any advice. I just want to bring my wife to Aust. and I'm desperately in need of going back home to work, but I can't just leave my wife here. Its only a damn tourist visa after all, whats the big deal. I think there are thousands of Chinese people that have abused our immigration system and now it is almost impossible for the genuine people. My wife fears that if her tour visa is rejected then it will be a black mark on her passport and whenever she applies for other visas there could be problems. I never would have applied for her in the first place if I suspected that she would be rejected, but after numerous calls to the embassy I was assured it would be fine. Now it is not. Please help me.. thanks!!

Paul

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello, I had the same problem. I come from Poland. We applied for a partner visa at the beginning of April, my husband ( an Australian) went back to work to OZ. Now I want to visit him for a while. I applied for a tourist visa, and they asked me for the same things they asked you. Now I am preparing all the documents, I have to have them translated to English from Polish ( as my mum will support me as well, apart from my husband). And since I need a bit more time to collect all the documents ( some I have already sent to the Embassy in Berlin with my partner visa application, that's why I have to organize the new ones) I wrote to the visa office to cancel my tourist visa application, I would rather withdraw it myself than have it denied, as you said. I believe, the best idea for you and me is to provide as many documents ( bank statements, tax return, payslips, marriage certificate etc) and to hope that they will give your wife (and me) a tourist visa.
Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
it wont be taken against her if she will be denied a tourist visa...i got denied the first time i applied for a tourist visa but have been issued several tourist visas after that initial rejection...there is nothing to worry at all

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nitka, thanks for your reply. I guess it is somewhat comforting to know that we are not alone in this. I feel like in the Australian immigration system people are 'guilty until proven innocent'. Anyway, I wish you and your partner the best of luck! Also, thank you pinay for mentioning that, it is relief to know a rejection should not affect future applications. It just makes me wonder though, why do they specifically ask on the application form 'have you ever been rejected for a visa before?'. All this stuff is really messing with my sanity :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
China Help

Hi,
My Chinese partner and I met here in Tassie November last year.
She has been travelling here on and off on a tourist visa for 3 years but only staying for a few weeks.
Last year her third visa was granted and to her surprise it was for one year.
But obviously returning to china every 3 months but for only 3 weeks then back again.
We are both heading to China soon as her three months are up for a 2 week holiday.
We met and have very happily living together ever since.
My partners tourist visa finishes September this year.
We are so happy together and intend on marrying later next year.
Can any body help with what to do next so we can still stay together.
Advice we have received is that as she will have been here for the complete year it will be virtually impossible for her to get another tourist visa??
We are in love but don't wish to be forced to marry so what visa would give us the best chance in our future.
We are both very comfortable with income both sides and assets so I hope that helps
Regards
Brett

·
Registered
203 Posts
Unfortunately there are not many options available. Why is she continually traveling in and out of Australia for last 3 years? What does she do? Until you meet the de-facto partner visa requirements, you could start looking into a suitable student visa, which could give a continual stay of up to 18 months. Long before that ends, you should be able to go for the de-facto partner visa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you.
She travelled here as she loves Australia and was just being a tourist.
Until October last year she was in the Chinese Police Force for 23 years and retired.
May I ask?
To prove you are together for 1 year does that mean physically together or in the relationship for the period of a year with time apart as she cant stay here for that extended time?
Cheers
Brett

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.