Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have applied for a Partner Visa as I married my Australian husband back in June. I'm from the UK and we've been together 8 years so fingers crossed it's a pretty straightforward application.

I applied on the 13th December and am yet to have any feedback.

Since then my situation has changed slightly and rather than wanting to enter in October of this year I now want to enter in March 2018.

I have read on here that you have to enter Australia to activate your visa by the time your police checks run. I haven't submitted these yet as my current ones would run out in October 2017 so I have applied for new ones which will hopefully have an expiry date on them of March 2018 (they last 1 year). As my application has not been looked at yet I am hoping I am still fine to submit these.

I have filled out the 1022 form to inform them that I now want to enter next year but I can't find anywhere the office in which I am am meant to send this to. Does anyone know? I've looked everywhere and can't find it.

Also if anyone else has any feedback on changing their entry date I'd love to know what the process was. At worst if the visa does come through I have left enough leave so I can fly to Aus to activate the visa, although then I'd be flying back to the UK for 6 months so I'm not sure what the time frame is on how long you can be out of the country for once you've activated it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steph x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.