Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I applied by paper my citizenship application on the 17th of November, and I haven't heard anything. They haven't taken the money out of our account and haven't received any emails saying they received it. Cause for concern?:confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I applied by paper my citizenship application on the 17th of November, and I haven't heard anything. They haven't taken the money out of our account and haven't received any emails saying they received it. Cause for concern?:confused:
Hi

I applied for my citizenship online on the 30th of April 2017 and have yet to hear from the department as well. Is there any person who has applied around this time and have been contacted by the department? I have been a permanent resident for over 4 years. Appreciate any feedback.

Jay 2010

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Hey rhodered! Good to see you. They had citizenship applications on hold for months due to the possible changes to the requirements, but now that those have been denied, they're back to processing. My guess is there's a huge backlog/delay since no one's was getting processed for quite some time. That's probably what's going on - but you can always call them and see if they can give you any info. They might just tell you the same thing, though.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Last I heard it was taking around 2 months to get the confirmation letter and money taken out of the bank account. Just so you know the processing time is 75% of applications are within 11 months. It all depends on your local council really as some councils are faster than others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.