Australia Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Contacting Australia High Commission In London

Hi Craigg, apologies for having missed your previous post.
Congratulations for your son's citizenship!! I am very happy for you!
Hi Laura (or Paulhand)
I'm hoping you'll be able to answer Craigg's earlier question about how you contact the AHC in London, with such positive results. From my web searching I've only contacted the +61 Global Service Centre without much joy. There is a number on Google for presumably the switchboard at the AHC: 020 7379 4334. Would this be the right number to call and if so, who or which department would I ask to talk to about Citizenship by Descent application processing (we have 3 kids all requiring Citizenship by Descent)?
Any advice very very gratefully received.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello!Planning to apply for a citizenship. I have concession card and they say that i should apply by papers. Is there anyone know where should i send those papers?I mean the exact address of immi.Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so as a parent who impatiently kept checking their immi page and e-mail inbox twice a day I'd like to share my own experience :D Here goes:

I submitted and paid for my at the time 14-month-old daughter's citizenship by descent application online on 12.04.2021 from Turkey. I received a pre-assessment e-mail reminding me of necessary documents etc on 01.05.2021 (weird thing was that there were documents not listed on the immi page??? and I had already attached everything they had asked for). Not knowing what to do, I added a few more documents such as her grandparent's evidence of Australian citizenship just in case and received another e-mail on 30.06.2021 asking for further evidence regarding my marriage. After nearly losing it :D I promptly sent some more evidence. After nearly 1.5 months that seemed to me like forever my daughter was granted citizenship on 08.07.2021. I applied for a certificate of evidence and it was delivered on 04.08.2021 (to Turkey) dated 12.07.2021.

Anyone seeking help about the process please feel free to ask. Good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello,

I would like to get some help please.

we got married last year Nov 2020 and My wife 309 Visa got approved on 9th April 2021 ( entre Australia by 9th April 2022) we were 3 months pregnant at the time and could not travel back to Australia because of some complication in the pregnancy hence the child delivery took place in India.

I have applied for the Child's Citizenship by descent. I see on the Immi website that the application will be processed in Australia. I have few questions regarding that.

Timeline
Date of Birth of Child - 28.08.2021
Date of Citizenship by descent applied on 01.09.2021
Geniric Documents uploaded - for parents and Hospital discharged summary - 01.09.2021
Birth Certificate of Child attached on - 03.09.2021 ( delay because it was issued on 3rd Sep from the registry)

1. Does anyone has applied citizenship by descent in India ( eventhough the application is processed in Australia ) and any idea of the processing time for the applications from India
2. we are bit affraid that what if we miss the deadline of travel for my wife becasue of the delay in child's citizenship document and Passport. Is there a way we can request for extention. Seems quite hard task to book the fligts at the moment from India
3. I have also sent an email to the department explaining them the situation even though the application is still way under the processing timeline. we have asked if there is any document deemed missing from us so please let us know becasue it takes time to get any document from Local goverment bodies in India,
4. Do we required to submit AFP report or Indian Police Clearance for the Parents.

Your help would be highly appreciated. Looking forward to getting some answers.

Regards

V

21 - 24 of 24 Posts