Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Need assistance filling out Citizenship Application Form of my wife who is AUS PR and eligible for Citizenship.

I migrated from India before couple of years and became AU citizen with Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) and my son born in Australia and have OCI. I need assistance interpreting the following questions when filling out Citizenship application online for my wife.

Step 9 (Details of Children) have two questions :
  • Has this child ever held citizenship of any country?
  • List All countries where the child holds permanent Residency.
1 As my son is having Overseas Citizenship of India, does this mean that I tick 'yes' for question a) above. Is it correct? If yes, is method of acquiring citizenship (I mean OCI) by Decent or by registration as my son got it because me and my wife are originally from India?? When I checked VFS Global website says, OCI is not dual citizenship. How do I answer these questions.
2 For second above, does this mean that I do not need to enter anything or enter AUS and India both? Does citizen means the person is Permanent Resident as well?

=============================================

Under Step 12 ( Associated Family) members, it says that the applicant need to enter details of Spouse/Defacto Partner, Brother, Sister etc. When I add my details, it comes to similar questions as above.
  • Does the applicant know if this person held citizenship of any country?
  • List all countries where the person holds Permanent Residence?
3 As I migrated from India and became AU Citizen and have OCI, does that mean I have active (current) citizenship of India ? or does this mean I had citizenship which is no longer current and Date expired was the date when my India passport was surrendered. Obviously, method of acquiring citizenship for me is by birth while for my son it is decent or registration?? (step 9 question above).
4 For second above, does this mean that I do not need to enter anything or enter AUS and India both? Does citizen means the person is Permanent Resident as well.

====================================================
Could someone assist as it is confusing how OCI is interpreted for these question and does citizenship means person permanent residence as well.

Appreciate if someone can assist as per questions above.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.